During the Fifties the Massachusetts Congregational Christian Conference sponsored the Pilgrim Fellowship Camps and conferences for Junior and Senior High youth. The only problem was that only 2 young people from a church could attend one of these week long sessions.
On a cold February morning, the ministers met at the Hollow restaurant in Quincy to discuss holding their own Camp in 1958. The were the Rev. Bedros Baharian and the Rev. Richard Roper of Quincy Point Congregational Church, the Rev. Roland Nye of the Wollaston Congregational Church, the Rev. William Gray of the First Church of Squantum and the Rev. Robert Ripley of the East Congregational Church of Milton. We were told that there was a week available at Geneva Point in Moultonborough New Hampshire and the cost would be $30 per person. After some discussion, we voted to go ahead and began making plans for a week in July. We decided that for the first year we would just tak Junior High young people, Grades 7-9. That first year was a great success with 116 young people and a staff of 22. The following year, 1959, we ran 2 sessions, one for Junior High and the other for Senior High. In 1960 they were combined into one camp. Also that year, Union Congregational Church of Weymouth and Braintree joined the group and have continued for the past 49 years. The four founding Churches are no longer part of the group.